Total Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Celebrating the New Year calls for a different kind of decadence. After the rich, heavily spiced food of the holidays, it's time for something a little more acidic and light, but no less celebratory. Pair with a glass of bubbly for a pre-New Year's Eve feast.
12oz Fresh Gluten-Free Spaghetti
Pasta water saved on the side
4 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Garlic, Minced
1/2 bushel Asparagus, cut lengthwise in quarters
1/3 Cup Dry White Wine
2 Tablespoons Almond or Coconut Flour for thickening
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
Juice of 1 Lemon
Zest of 1 Lemon - leave extra to top
2 Tablespoons Dill, chopped - leave extra to top
Approximately 1 cup of Pasta Water
2 Tablespoons capers
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
4 oz Smoked Salmon, torn into chunks
1. Heat a pot of water to boil for the pasta. Salt that water lightly and cook the pasta for 4-6 minutes, or until al dente. Strain and place in a large pot, keeping about 2 cups of pasta water on the side.
2. Heat a medium-sized pan with 2 Tablespoons butter, add garlic and satay till fragrant. Add white wine and stir till bubbling.
3. Stir in flour and cream, cook until sauce thickens. Add Lemon juice, zest, and dill. Add pasta water until sauce is light, but still thick enough to cling to the pasta.
4. Stir the pasta in with the sauce, add capers, salt, pepper, parmesan, and smoked salmon
5. Cover the pan and allow the mixture to cook together on low.
6. Top with fresh dill and lemon zest